Targeting specific causes by adding products onto the Detox Kit (or Acne Prone Kit):
For Serums and Mist, simply apply them after washing your face and before applying your moisturizer. Mist are great to use in the AM as they blend seamlessly under moisturizer. Serums are great in the PM and can be worn under AND over your moisturizer if needed.
- For super large (cystic), sore, “mother of all zits” use the Quick Stick Acne Fix (keep reading for overnight spot treatment how-to)
- if acne is making your skin sore, inflamed, and red, use the Hydration Mist and the Cystic Acne Mask (both are packed with soothing aloe)
- For blackheads use my Facial Primer, Dry Clay Mask, and/or Acne BOP Mist.
- If hormones are suspected to be a factor or you’re on birth control, use my Skin Support Serum (1 – 2 times a day) and drink at least one cup of Skin Support Tea a day.
- If bacteria is one of the causes (most of the time it is), use the Tea Tree Facial Scrub, Skin Support Serum, Quick Stick Acne Fix, and/or (to a lesser extent – Acne BOP Mist).
- If you have scars from previous breakouts (many times they look like a current breakout because they are slightly raised and often red – they also often look like uneven pink/red skin tone), use Dry Clay Mask (or Wet Clay Mask), After Acne Serum, Hydra Healing Gel, and/or Facial Primer. Also, check out this video.
- If redness and/or dehydration is a major concern, use the Hydration Mist, Hydration Serum, or Hydra Healing Gel.
- To balance overly oily skin, use the Balance Serum.
- Overnight acne spot treatment: roll Quick Stick on to blemish(es). Apply Dry Clay Mask to Quick Stick solution (the quick stick solution will keep the dry clay in place). Leave on overnight. If you think you might rub off the clay in your sleep, apply a chemical-free band-aid over top.
- Overnight acne scar treatment, hyperpigmentation, and redness – reduce the appearance of acne scars/redness (and tackle dehydration) by applying a 3 pumps of After Acne Serum + 3 pumps of Balance Serum to your face (yup, it’s going to feel like a lot of serum! Don’t worry about it absorbing – it will do that throughout the night). Next, apply a thick layer of Hydra Healing Gel over top of the serums. Again, this is going to feel like a lot of product on your face, but don’t worry, when you wake up in the morning most of it (if not all of it) will have absorbed just leaving a tiny residue from the gel. Be sure to put a towel over your pillowcase to avoid getting any of the oils on it. In the morning, go about your skin care routine as usual.