Your Natural Skin Care Education Starts Here
Detox – The 1st Step
One specific purpose of the detox products is for those that would like to detoxify your skin from the residue of commercial products before moving into a skin specific routine that uses pure, natural, hand crafted products. Batty’s detox kit will help your skin rid itself of toxins and build up from chemical laden commercial products.
Your First Step
Detoxify your skin by using the detox kit. Once your detox is done, move onto another skin care kit or check out our resources for building your own balancing routine to target any remaining concerns.
Often times, new customers find that the detox kit is all they need (even if they were struggling with another concern such as acne). For others, they stick with the detox products but add in one or two targeted products (such as an acne serum or our hydration mist). Some people may find themselves looking to the detox products when they’ve been following one of the other guides for more than 6 months, had significant improvement in the first few months, but then hit a plateau. A plateau being a period of a few weeks or months when the positive progress has stopped moving forward. When a plateau in the skin healing journey happens, it might be time to add a few more things to your plan (see Batty’s suggestions here).
- Why detox: Here’s the answer
- Is the detox kit best for my overly sensitive skin?
- Am I experiencing Detox Breakouts? (1) + (2)
- Detox Breakouts Explained
- Dry skin during detox: (1) + (2)
- Switching from the detox kit to the acne prone kit
- How to personalize your detox kit
- More detox articles
Finally find out what’s causing your breakouts
Dear Beautiful, if you’re battling with acne, I’ve totally been there and can sympathize (in fact, here’s a brief look into my battle)! And since acne can strike anyone at any age, there’s always the chance that it can come back after being cleared up – that’s why I think it’s super important to pin-point the cause of your acne – going right to the root of the problem rather than just treating the symptoms. Usually there’s multiple causes of acne, but when you figure out what they are, you can use targeted solutions that will clear up your acne without bothering with “band-aid” treatments. I can help you pin-point the causes of your acne with simple, straight forward ways to pin-point external & internal causes of acne (as well as solutions!).
Solving the causes + triggers of acne can be broken down into 3 areas of focus:
1. Natural Skin Care
2. Whole Body Wellness + Balance (primary areas of focus include nurturing the digestive system, balancing hormones, and toning down inflammation)
3. Stress Reduction + Emotional Wellbeing
Build an acne prone skin care routine – we show you how here.
- Hit a plateau in your skin care journey? Here’s how to kick start it!
- How to personalize your acne skin care kit
- Moisturizers that fight acne
- Acne Scars: healing them naturally
- More Acne Articles plus Acne Q+As
Then, pinpoint internal causes/triggers:
- Action Plan! Your to do list of steps to take along side your natural skin care routine
- Underlying Causes! + the breakouts they produce: what your skin looks like tells you what body system is affected
- Causes vs Triggers – knowing the difference
- Face Mapping: pin-pointing internal causes of skin problems (+ video)
- Hormonal Acne: Tips for balancing naturally
- Chin & jaw line acne: the most common mistakes
- Vitamin Deficiencies + Skin (video)
- Why Do I Still Have Acne? 7 Causes (video series)
- Hormonal Acne Explained + How the Digestive System Factors In
- The inside scoop on insulin – why spikes cause acne
Eczema / Extremely Dry Skin
causes + solutions
Suffering from eczema can be a real challenge. Keeping the painful outbreaks under control – especially around the elbows, hands, and fingers. I understand and want to help. I have products specifically made to help calm eczema symptoms – check out our video to learn about the 3 types of eczema and how to treat them naturally! I’m excited to help guide you on your path to an eczema free life!
Where to start:
- 3 Types of Eczema and How to Treat Them
- Kid Safe Eczema Solutions (+ possible internal causes)
- Suggestions for Child with Nummular/Discoid Eczema
- Why hydration is so important in skin care
Learn More + Clear Your Eczema
What to look for and what to do about it
Rosacea is a frustrating skin condition that begins subtly, with the intermittent appearance of redness along the cheeks and nose. If left untreated, rosacea almost always worsens.
Symptoms of Rosacea:
- Red flushing over the cheeks and nose
- Consistent, though random, and often extreme skin sensitivity
- Acne-like bumps (but the bumps are not acne)
- Flaky skin, sometimes accompanied by oily skin
- Visible tiny blood vessels that may become more noticeable over time
- Other concerns, which can still be present: dry skin, wrinkles, sun damage, and skin discolouration
- Almost anyone can get rosacea, but those affected most often are lighter skinned women. Men are less likely to have rosacea, but when they do, they have more noticeable problems, including swollen bumps along the nose called rhinophyma.
What to avoid if you have Rosacea
If you have rosacea, it is critical that you eliminate anything that could increase inflammation (and therefore increase redness) such as the following:
- Harsh cleansers such as “beauty bars” that contain detergents (find out how to identify these on product labels here)
- Drying liquid or lotion cleansers (again, that contain detergents)
- Toners with alcohol and fragrance (more info here)
- Abrasive scrubs
- Rough washcloths
- At-home facial peels
- Topical Vitamin C and citrus oils
Soothing Your Rosacea + Learn More
Continue Your Skin Care 101 Education
- How to build a skin care routine (+ worksheet)
- How to build an ACNE prone skin care routine
- How to apply your products in the most effective order
- Internal actions that can help with all skin care issues
- What to do if you’ve hit a plateau in your skin healing journey
- Tips for adding-on to our detox or acne kits
- Beauty secrets we wish we knew sooner
- Are the products you’re using causing skin problems? Find out here
- Quiz: Find your perfect cleanser + exfoliator
- Quiz: Find your perfect moisturizer
- Quiz: Find the perfect way to hydrate your skin
- Here’s a complete list of our helpful articles on the blog
Build Your Skin Care Solutions:
You Ask, We Answer!
Our most popular Q & A’s…
- I can’t get my hormonal acne under control. Please help!
- Is exfoliating irritating my skin and causing more breakouts?
- I need advice on kid safe eczema solutions. Please help!
- Why am I noticing an increase in breakouts? Is my skin detoxing?
- I’m discouraged by a new type of breakout. Please help!
- How do I clear up acne scars naturally? (video)
- I’m pregnant with cystic acne – what can I do to clear up my skin?
- How to do I make laundry soap using your CP Soaps?
- Do oral antibiotics really help with acne? Should I take them or avoid them?
- Please help me with my back acne!
Find a complete list of our Q & A’s here on the blog.
Where to find even more resources: